Looking after your jewellery.
Trust us, this is important.
Our jewellery is made and meant to be worn. How you look after it will heavily influence how it looks and how long it lasts. This is especially true for silver and plated pieces. While gold doesn't tarnish, silver does with time and use. The good news is that it can easily be cleaned and returned to its original sparkly state.
There are a few easy steps you can take to make sure you keep it in optimal condition.
- Remove your jewellery when bathing, showering or going to the beach or pool.
- Avoid spraying perfume directly onto it.
- Avoid applying creams or lotions while wearing it.
- Avoid using products with bleach while wearing it.
- Store your pieces individually in a pouch or even better in an airtight bag. Storing pieces together may cause them to scratch.
- Keep them away from exposure to direct sunlight or humidity.
- Clean your pieces with soft lint free cloth.
- For silver you can use silver cleaner too.
- Don't clean with paper or tissue paper as it can cause the metal to scratch.